Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vanilla Pear Pancakes

So today I had a great breakfast! I found this great recipe from http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/vanilla-pear-pancakes/Default.aspx

Its for Vanilla Pear Pancakes

The original recipe called for sweetener however I love sugar so I just kept that in there and instead of cinnamon I used pumpkin pie spice and I used cinnamon spice instant oatmeal instead of plain.

So the ingredients I used are

1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup of nonfat vanilla yogurt
1 packet of cinnamon spice instant oatmeal (I used quaker oats)
2 large egg whites
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 medium pear
Dash of salt

1. Peal, core and dice a pear and make it into small pieces
2. Place in a microwave- proof bowl and sprinkle sugar and pumpkin pie spice
3. Microwave on high for 2 minutes
4.Meanwhile, put yogurt, oatmeal, egg whites and dash of salt in blender
5. Add pears. Blend until smooth.
6. Use the small as pancake batter. Makes 3 pancakes

Makes 3 servings

- Instead of using syrup I decided to use fried apples along side my pancake. I left the skin on and used a little butter about half a tablespoon and fried the apples and used a little more pumpkin pie spice just a dash over it all. I only fried one apple and split in three ways

I think the whole recipe per serving is around 4 points?

No comments:

Post a Comment